Launched in 2010, the all-new Takagi T-K4-OS-NG models have a remarkable maximum Gallons Per Minute of 8.0 Gallons Per Minute! The Takagi T-K4-OS-NG 202 has an incorporated power venting system and was made particularly for outdoor fittings. The Takagi T-K4-OS-NG Outdoor Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater doesn’t need any extra venting or Category III vent caps, making fitting one step simple for installers.
- 1 Takagi T-K4-OS-NG Outdoor Review 2020:
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions Section:
- 2.1 Q: Is There A Pilot Light Available In The Takagi T-K4-OS-NG Outdoor?
- 2.2 Q: Does This Product Need An External Thermostat?
- 2.3 Q: Does This Unit Have A Circulating Pump?
- 2.4 Q: Does It Make A Humming Sound When The Water Is On?
- 2.5 Q: Can This Product Be Installed In A Crawl Place? If So, What Clearances Are Required?
- 2.6 Q: Can It Also Be Adapted For A 40lb Propane Reservoir?
- 2.7 Q: Is The Clearance One Feet From Window/Door Since It Is An Outdoor Unit?
- 2.8 Q: Can This Outdoor Unit Be Installed In An Unheated Garage?
- 2.9 Q: Is It An Outdoor Fitting Only?
Takagi T-K4-OS-NG Outdoor Review 2020:
What Does It Denote Being Non-Condensing?
Well, a tankless water heater that is non-condensing will push the gases produced by the water heater to the outside through its vent. They’ll then become cold outside the unit. Such gases have temps around three hundred 300 degrees F and have to be vented through the non-corrosive venting materials that can endure the heat.
Features Of The Takagi T-K4-OS-NG Tankless Water Heater:
- Outdoor fitting only
- Completely modulating, Gas fired water tankless heater
- Freeze-Protection Internal System
- Safety Features: Exhaust And Water Temperature Safety Control, Air-Fuel Ratio sensor, and Overheat Cutoff Fuse
- Vertical or Horizontal Installation
- Manual reset high limit switch
- Product type: tankless heater
- Application: 2 to 3 showers
- Installation type: outdoor only
- Fuel type: natural gas
- Inlet gas pressure: 5.0-10.5” W.C.
- Energy factor: 0.82
- Warranty: twelve years on the heat exchanger and five years on parts
- Manifold pressure: 2.0-2.5” W.C.
- Width: 13.8”
- Height: 20.3”
- Max flow (GPM): 8
- Depth (inches): 8.5”
- Gas input: 11000-190000 BTU/h
- Voltage: 120V
- Gas connection: ¾”
- Water connection: ¾”
- PSI range: 15-150 PSI
- Temp range (F): 99°-167°F
- Weight (lbs): 38 lbs
The company has provided ground-breaking hot water solutions for more than seventy years, and is sold exclusively by contractors and plumbing wholesalers. The company’s selection of commercial and residential water tankless heaters are unmatched for diversity and quality.
Anywhere hot water is required; the company offers an energy-efficient solution with continuing value for years after fitting. Takagi stands behind its customers and products with first-class service, merging cutting-edge technology with committed individuals who take satisfaction in being the very best.
Frequently Asked Questions Section:
Q: Is There A Pilot Light Available In The Takagi T-K4-OS-NG Outdoor?
A: No, it’s electronic ignition, needs 110V outlet near adequate to plug in, or just wire direct.
Q: Does This Product Need An External Thermostat?
A: This unit comes with a cabled thermostat that’s mounted inside of your home.
Q: Does This Unit Have A Circulating Pump?
A: No, it doesn’t have any circulating pump.
Q: Does It Make A Humming Sound When The Water Is On?
A: This unit fits outside which eradicates the requirement for venting and also cuts off any noise. It is virtually quiet.
Q: Can This Product Be Installed In A Crawl Place? If So, What Clearances Are Required?
A: Yes, if you have any crawl space. You’ll require about four feet for everything to install. Keep in mind that you need an electric plug, the room in front, 3/4” gas line to the unit, room on apex for venting to the exterior, and room in the bottom for all plumbing hookup.
Q: Can It Also Be Adapted For A 40lb Propane Reservoir?
A: Both natural gas and propane come from the earth and are unprocessed gases. On the contrary, they have diverse formula properties, hence different gas pressure, etc. The natural gas unit might be transformed to propane, but that’ll incur in the changing parts. Perhaps you ought to search for a propane water heater.
Q: Is The Clearance One Feet From Window/Door Since It Is An Outdoor Unit?
A: Yes, the lowest is one feet.
Q: Can This Outdoor Unit Be Installed In An Unheated Garage?
A: Possibly, check the clearance needs for the front of the unit and all sides. Such units need to have a clear place for venting hot air and taking in the fresh air, to work correctly. And, the outdoor products don’t need the room-temp area to stop freeze-up in cold climate. But you desire to make sure that the unheated garage’s water pipes can’t freeze, as well.
Q: Is It An Outdoor Fitting Only?
A: Yes, it is an outdoor only fitting. But the company Takagi does make indoor models as well.